Using the diverse cultures and foods of Astoria, NY to feed one man's imagination in the kitchen.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Been busy but I'm back

Hey folks, yes it's been a while but for a good reason.

We had little Leo on August 23rd and he is doing just fine, so are we for that matter. Loving it and finally settling in to the new routine and having a new center of the universe in our lives. Cooking has been a joy for many reasons. Maybe part of it is making my wife happy with good foods and warm delicious smells in the apartment. Leo sits in his bouncy chair watching me cook each meal. I talk as I go, explaining everything from ingredients and technique to the evils of manufactured foods and why real food is made by real people. At the very least I think he picks up on the happy vibes of family together and the smells of good cookin'. I'll save the knife skills and saute training for later.

No comments: